To lead the Japan Permobil organization to sustainable success and growth. Provide direction and leadership to the Permobil Japan business. Develop and execute on a clear sales and growth strategy as agreed by Permobil APAC Leadership Team in collaboration with Group.
Strategy / Leadership
- Managing / leading and developing the Japan organization (sales, customer support, service, tender management); P&L responsibility
- Transform the overall business strategy into a local strategy
- Supporting the optimization of processes and procedures and compliance with company standards and policies
- Identifying trends and opportunities, support for implementing change, testing of new initiatives of Permobil
- Participation in international projects and cross border cooperation, respectively regarding new targets, concepts and plans / cooperation with APAC leadership team / managing directors => support and build up best-practice for Permobil APAC / cross border cooperation in and outside APAC
- Develop an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Continuing the creation of a sustainable well performing team
- Securing, that the necessary competencies and potential for transforming the overall strategy is in the team
- Coaching of the local team to fulfill their targets / evaluating individual performances
- Identify hiring needs, steer hiring processes, selection and developing the teams
- Securing that the team has the knowledge of the company`s strategy and targets
- Full P&L responsibility for the Permobil Japan
- Collaboration with Permobil APAC regional finance team in setting and fulfilling the yearly budget and financial planning for Japan (incl. forecasting / monthly planning) in alignment with overall business objectives of Permobil APAC
- Contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and review
- Sales forecasting, planning as well as preparation of monthly statistics
- Establishing / supporting high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting
Commercial - Sales / Service/ Operations/Marketing
- Creating regional sales and service plans (short and mid-term) in alignment with business objectives and in cooperation with EVP and other regional managers
- Breaking down the strategy and overall targets on sales and service employees
- Establish cultivate and develop Govt and non-government relationships to optimize funding opportunities.
- Acquiring new business partners and potential customers, identifying new customer opportunities together with the team
- Building up state of the art sales approaches and sales activities by focusing on BI and sales efficiency
- Building up and maintaining relation with key customers, supporting the sales /service force to foster and develop existing customers
- Planning and coordination of sales activities, developing and support of achieving action plans of sales force.
- Lead marketing activities / launching new products into the market in collaboration with Regional Marketing
- Overall responsibility for all of Country operations including inventory management and S&OP processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Education and Experience
- Proven work experience / track record as a regional or area sales manager or similar senior sales role in REHAB / Medtec industry
- 3-5 years experience in managing people / sales teams
- ability to lead and motivate a high-performance sales team
- (After sales) service experience and understanding
- Clear customer focus and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a problem solving attitude
- Ability to steer performance management and profitability / figure and result driven
- Ability to measure and analyze key performance indicators (ROI and KPIs)
- Ability to build up relationships
- BSc degree in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field