At Permobil we see ability. Our purpose is to make the lives of people living with disabilities more enriching. This commitment drove our founders to pursue their dreams of providing a better life for the physically challenged. It now drives us to push the boundaries of design and technology in pursuit of innovations that help improve the quality of life for our users. Thanks to this, our solutions are known around the world as being best-in-class. As an employee of Permobil, you will make this happen. The Product Supply Manager is important in changing somebody's life for the better, every day.
Job Purpose: We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain professional who wants global exposure within a dynamic, fast paced and user-oriented environment. You will have an appetite for change and innovation, and bring an ambitious, motivated approach to our already high performing team. Working closely with key stakeholders, you will play an important role in supporting the development and delivery of new products within Permobil.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works in our Group Supply Chain function, an organization responsible for Inbound Supply Chain Management, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Quality Management. Will partner closely with commercial and technical product management, product development teams, sourcing and operations.
- Develops, coordinates, leads and executes the supply chain activities throughout the product life cycle towards our global supplier base and production sites in product development projects and sustaining engineering assignments.
- In early stage product development, defines supply requirements, prepares make/buy decisions, supply chain definitions including inbound flows, NPI site selection, supplier locations, transportation mode and stock locations. Defines and owns supply related targets, such as direct material cost, value add and % of second source in the development projects.
- In later stage product development, responsible for supply readiness including production ramp up planning and execution, risk buy decisions, approving product development milestones related to supply and the implementation of supply chain definitions.
- Once a product is launched, leads and coordinates changes in the supply chain to optimize time/cost/service, including production transfers in the supply chain. The role maintains a global ownership of products in the supply chain and contributes to production footprint strategies.
- Lead a Supply Object in product development projects with responsibility for supply readiness, collaborating closely with the project manager, sourcing, operations, supply chain and product development teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or other related field and/or equivalent education with work experience in Supply Chain Planning, Supply Chain Engineering, Sales & Operations Planning, Project Sourcing, Product Development or similar position.
- Must be knowledgeable in business analysis, business negotiations, Lean concepts, and production.
- Must have a solid understanding of product development processes as well as an interest in Quality, Supply Chain and Production Engineering.
- Must be quality focused, both in products and processes.
- Excellent communication skills as most of the work is cross-functional and international.
- Must be able to develop and have good relationship management skills with individuals at all levels in a fast paced, team-driven environment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and have a logical as well as analytical way of thinking.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to various Windows programs, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Must be motivated by challenges and have ability to push through obstacles and setbacks.
Competitive wage and benefits for full time positions. We offer very competitive and comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, including 401(k) match to those that qualify.
Equal Opportunity Employer