Operations · USA - New Berlin
At Permobil we see ability. Our purpose is to make the lives of people living with disabilities more enriching. This commitment drove our founders to pursue their dreams of providing a better life for the physically challenged. It now drives us to push the boundaries of design and technology in pursuit of innovations that help improve the quality of life for our users. Thanks to this, our solutions are known around the world as being best-in-class. As an employee of Permobil, you will make this happen. The Operations Manager is important in changing somebody's life for the better, every day.
This position will be responsible for executing activities and improvements that support our business objective in areas like safety, quality, delivery and cost. These projects will aim at maximizing efficiency in the use of equipment and manpower and level production loading. The Operations Manager must be able to determine and establish systematic problem solving and true root cause analysis (RCA). Overall the Operations manager will support all improvements that will encourage and sustain long-term continuous improvement projects consistent with overall business initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify areas of improvement and lead projects that will improve our cost of goods sold in-line with our business strategy
- Lead department areas on continuous improvement projects providing daily direction, mentoring, coaching and development to ensure the continued success and drive our Permobil Lean Journey
- Continuously ensure we have a value stream model up to date to manage growth
- Drive lean practices throughout the facility to include Six Sigma projects, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5s, and improvement workshops
- Develop & deliver BEST PRACTICEs across ALL departments and functions within the organization
- Improve the order-to-delivery process to meet business strategy on customer lead-time and internal throughput time
- Develop and measure KPIs related to improvement initiatives
- Manage reporting of continuous improvement progress to set deliverables
- Support project sustainability after improvements are made
- Coordinate projects within a program involving one or more functions & project teams to promote lean culture and drive improvement process across the company.
- Initiate, plan, execute, and control project efforts focusing on, scope, timelines, budget, and plans for all project phases.
- Develop detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports in collaboration with managers, supervisors, and project resources
Continuously map, design and improve the order-to-delivery process for a reduced throughput time
- Continuously lead value stream mapping events to ensure an accurate map of manufacture, identifying constraints driven by mix changes, growth and new products
- Lead events/projects to elevate the constraints
- Improve our quality percentage though production and out FPY for the entire facility
- Facilitate training for all production managers and production supervisors for an effective continuous improvement culture
- Work closely with managers and their teams to promote and build a positive and productive work environment, teamwork, strong work relationships, trust, morale, and retention.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Needed
Bachelor's Degree in industrial engineering, business administration, management, operation management, or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant manufacturing leadership experience preferred.
- 3 years' experience working within an ISO certified QMS preferred.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral), analytical, organizational, and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of business, finance, and management principles.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency with customer service/order tracking systems
- Integrity, honesty, and high ethical standards