At Permobil we design and build the best fitting, best performing, and most beautiful wheelchairs on the planet, and we couldn't do it without the very best team. We are in search of a Manager of Supply Chain to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong professional background and demonstrate teamwork, drive, excellent oral and written communication skills, and a commitment to excellence, learning, and growth. We work in a creative, fast-moving and international setting. We believe in doing the right thing and our people share a passion for making peoples' lives better. Together we help millions of people around the world. Together we are leading change. Together we see ability.
Permobil is a drug-free workplace. The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct all facets of supply chain management, including purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control, and financial costing needed for just in time (JIT) materials support for production.
- Provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in purchasing, planning, warehousing, and control of materials, from receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to delivery of products to customers.
- Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure operations at the highest level based on key performance metrics while minimizing supply chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire supply chain function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements (FDA Compliance) and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence on Good Manufacturing Practice, quality control, training, and safety.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to ensure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Participate in implementation of new add-on modules for ERP system and optimize its use.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets.
- Establish annual goals and objectives including stretch targets, in coordination with corporate objectives, and manage performance to ensure attainment.
- Understand job-specific quality system procedures and processes as defined in the FDA Compliance Quality System Manual (QSM) and adhere to the requirements defined in the QSM.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain professionalism at all levels in the organization.
- Maintain regular attendance and meet all deadlines; meet travel requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may change from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- BS in business, engineering, or equivalent. Masters or MBA, advanced certifications a plus.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in purchasing and materials management roles.
- Experience in international sourcing and supply chain operations.
- 3+ years of leading a sourcing or inbound logistics team.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class success; excellent team player.
- Mastery managing complex supply chains, leading negotiations, and establishing sustainable contracts.
- Proven record of delivering costs savings.
- Strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Combination of professional office setting and manufacturing plant; exposure to elements such as noise, dust, cold, heat, and/or odor.
- Travel required (anticipated 50+ days per year).
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time.