At Permobil we see ability. Our purpose is to make the lives of people living with disabilities easier and more enriching. This commitment drove our founders to pursue their dreams of providing a better life for the physically challenged. It now drives us to push the boundaries of design and technology in pursuit of innovations that help improve the quality of life for our users. Thanks to this, our solutions are known around the world as being best-in-class. As a member of Permobil, you make this happen. Your role is important in changing somebody's life for the better, every day.
We work in a creative, fast-moving and international setting. We believe in doing the right thing and our people share a passion for making peoples' lives better. Together we help millions of people around the world. Together we are leading change. Together we see ability.
Location: Pasco, WA
Reports To: VP Product Development
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is Manager, Engineering New Product Introduction within the Manual Wheelchair Development organization.
- Coordinate industrialization, launch, and maintenance activities for new product introductions and product changes. Support portfolio management and product development deliverables.
- Define operational requirements associated with product launches and verify achievement of these requirements prior to launch.
- Ensure that product launches and new products adhere to the product development lifecycle and to the quality system.
- Monitor impact of new product introductions on quality metrics.
- Define, document, implement, and manage a standard new product introduction process.
- Distill complex ideas and concepts and communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Direct, develop, and motivate team members in a positive, productive, and respectful manner to ensure appropriate teamwork. Supervise project teams as required.
- Achieve business objectives throughout project lifecycle by ensuring consistency for product design, cost, quality, and timeline.
- Collaborate closely with product management, engineering, operations, quality, and supply chain teams.
Knowledge and Skills Needed
- Knowledge of methodologies of quality, product development, and operations
- Understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Ability to train and develop employees
- Practical knowledge of MS Office and data manipulation
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership abilities
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or relevant field
- Graduate degree preferred
- Medical Device Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
Occasional travel is required
- Combination of professional office setting and manufacturing plant; exposure to elements such as noise, dust, cold, heat, and/or odor.
- Work and move throughout manufacturing plant for extended periods of time
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Bend, kneel, climb, reach, twist, squat, and grasp.
- Wear required personal protective equipment as needed.
Permobil is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, veteran or military status, or other protected status. If you need accommodation in the application process, please contact Permobil Human Resources at 509.416.4299.