Permobil founder Dr. Per Uddén believed that helping people achieve the greatest level of independence is a basic human right and, for over 50 years, Permobil has held fast to that belief. Permobil is a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology, passionate about better understanding our users’ needs and improving their quality of life. Today, those solutions include power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, power assist, and manual wheelchairs.
Group Sourcing in Permobil has the commercial responsibility for the supplier relations group wide to ensure seamless value transformation from the supplier market and sustainable supply chains for Permobil globally. Sourcing in Permobil is a group function with a global presence close to the supplier market, R&D centers, and operations.
As our current Director Sourcing, Power Products is moving on to new assignments, we are now looking for an experienced and passionate leader that will embrace a business leading position in an innovate environment.
As Director Sourcing, Power Products you will be part of business function Supply Chain reporting to Vice President Group Sourcing and part of Group Sourcing leadership team. You will lead an international team of five sourcing professionals based in Sweden and China.
You will be responsible for defining and articulating the sourcing business strategy across Power product area and ensure efficient execution to build a sustainable value chain to Permobil factories in Shanghai, Nashville and Timrå.
Your role and duties
In the role of Director Sourcing, Power Products you will be responsible for efficient sourcing of components, products, and solutions for power products globally. You will define, develop, and implement the sourcing strategy and direction to drive cost reductions and maximize value transformation.
Some key duties are:
• Commercial ownership to manage and develop the global supplier relations to ensure compliance and performance to support Permobil growth and profitability. Responsible for awarding and distributing business, negotiate, implement, and manage Permobil Supply Agreements. Enhance strategic suppliers’ relations and enable value transformation from the supplier market to the business stakeholders in Permobil. Sponsor and relationship owner for the strategic and tactical supplier relations.
• Analyze and understand Permobil business needs in technology and commercial development and transform into relevant Category Strategies. The Category management includes spend management, supplier market intelligence, risk assessments and strategic plan on how to optimize and manage the suppliers and spend. Spend control and market analysis to deliver cost reduction and profit contribution is a key responsibility.
• Scouting, evaluation, and selection of new supplier to complement and develop the supplier base to match the supply chain strategies and the technology road map. Proactively assess, understand, and mitigate risks in the supply chain and supplier base to ensure sustainable and continuous supply of products.
• Managing the sourcing processes in relation to business function R&D concept studies, development projects and maintenance. Efficient management of resources and planning within project sourcing execution. Ensure results and deliver commercial milestones in accordance with over all development project time plan.
Your profile and qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, engineering, business or economics and/or; equivalent work experience from strategic sourcing or similar positions.
* 5+ years of experience in sourcing leadership positions.
* Experience in building and leading high performing teams engaging in cross functional collaborations and matrix organizations globally.
* Ability to define standardized frameworks, processes, and tools to ensure efficiency and agility throughout a global organization.
* Deep knowledge in strategic sourcing practices such as category management, supplier management and agreement management.
* Demonstrated success in commercial and supplier readiness in product development and industrialization of new products.
* Proven record of developing supplier relations and drive performance improvements.
* Excellent business mind and extensive experience in an international environment.
* Strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills.
For information regarding the position, please contact Oscar Hertzman, VP Group Sourcing, +46 70 6849886, email@example.com
For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Anna-Karin Ehn, HR Business Partner, +46 70 327 18 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
The position may be based in one of our offices in Timrå or Kista.
Please send your application via our career page no later than April 30th.
Please respect that we do not wish recruitment assistance or advertising, we decline calls from recruitment and advertising providers.