At Permobil we see ability. Our purpose is to make the lives of people living with disabilities easier and more enriching.
This commitment drove our founders to pursue their dreams of providing a better life for the physically challenged. It now drives us to push the boundaries of design and technology in pursuit of innovations that help improve the quality of life for our users.
Thanks to this, our solutions are known around the world as being best-in-class. As a member of the Permobil operations team in our Belleville facility, you make this happen. Your role is important in changing somebody's life for the better, every day.
Job Family Summary: Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, assembly drawings, and parts lists. Gather parts, sub-assemblies, tools, hardware, and materials. Position and install parts and sub-assemblies by using tools and reading measurements.
Job Summary: Employees will work on a team as part of an assembly line to assemble different stages of the product to prepare it for final configuration. Preparation may include, but is not limited to, reading and understanding instructions, drawings, and measurements, assembly and installation of smaller parts and components, cutting material or parts down to size, and fitting components together by using a press, bonding, or hardware. It will also include measuring, marking, use of hand tools, power tools, machines, fixtures, and measuring devices.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Review drawings and instructions before each build.
- Acquire parts, hardware, and tools to be used during the build.
- Position parts and subassemblies according to specifications.
- Complete work according to takt time on a moving assembly line.
- Conduct quality assurance checks to confirm that assembled products meet quality standards.
- Identify any product defects, record, and report them accordingly.
- Complete required quality and production forms.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of necessary product at your station.
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Communicate effectively with team and supervisors.
- Be a core value advocate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with some supervision.
- Ability to manage time effectively and complete work within a set time.
- Ability to read and understand instructions and other documents.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Ability to identify and report issues.
- Proficiency in the English Language both written and oral.
- Basic math skills.
- Must maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Level of Education or Experience in Lieu of:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work Environment:
- Manufacturing environment.
- Indoor frequently.
- Outdoor rarely.
- Loud noise occasionally.
- Hot and Cool temperatures occasionally.
- Overtime as assigned.
- Sit, stand, and walk up to 12 hours at a time.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and perform repetitive motion for extended periods.
- Lifting and carrying 50 pounds or less.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Handling and assembling small parts.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Permobil. Additionally, this job description does not constitute an employment contract and Permobil may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.