As a purpose-led company, Permobil has been driven by social responsibility for over 50 years. We are now taking the next step in our sustainability journey.
Our purpose of innovating for individuals, shapes everything we do and is underpinned by a long-term commitment to always do better for our stakeholders.
We now seek an ambitious Director of Sustainability & Environmental Impact to drive and develop sustainability and environmental compliance through every aspect of our daily work.
As a part of the Permobil family, you will work in an innovative environment where we always put the user first, passionate colleagues, leading technology solutions and trusted in our field.
Key tasks as Director of Sustainability & Environmental Impact
As Director of Sustainability & Environmental Impact, you are responsible for setting the strategy as well as initiating, managing, and supporting programs and projects to drive Permobil's sustainability program. You will be accountable for Permobil's environmental and sustainability activities at a global level. This includes responsibility for the company sustainability policy and priorities as well as environmental objectives and compliance.
This role will be part of the Group Supply Chain management and reports in parallel to Group Management in a global context. You will also drive the set up for sustainability at Permobil, where you organize a group of indirect resources.
Our priorities include Environmental Impact, Diversity & Inclusion, Safe & Respectful workplace, Quality & Safety of our products, Quality of life for Users, Business Ethics and Responsible Sourcing.
The following frameworks and regulations also guide our priorities:
• The United Nations Global Compact: Permobil joined the UN Global Compact in 2016 and reports annually on progress.
• The Sustainable Development Goals for 2030: our owner - Investor, has identified five SDG goals where Investor and its holdings can have a particular impact
• Investor’s ten sustainability requirements
• ROHS & REACH and applicable environmental legislations in the area we operate
• Taxonomy & TCFD reporting
• Implementation and maintenance of environmental management systems
Location of the position is preferably in the office in Kista, Stockholm but it is an international work scene, and some travelling will be needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree
• +5 years’ experience in sustainability and environmental management.
• Comprehensive and diverse knowledge on environmental topics, the UN climate agenda, materials and substances with relevant environmental legislation and regulations
• Experience to manage multiple programs and projects in parallel with high level of autonomy, agility, and flexibility
• High level of analytical ability to gather and evaluate complex information obtained from a wide variety of sources
• Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization and across functions
• Knowledge and understanding of emerging topics within environmental sustainability, design, and material science
* Experience from implementation of environmental regulatory requirements, as well as an environmental management systems
• Excellent skills in teamwork, conflict resolution and problem solving
• A broad range of project management skills (planning, scheduling, budgeting and risk assessment, time management)
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact our recruiters for this position Tomas Löfgren, email@example.com, +46 8 764 2585 or Anna Setterberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 725598129.
Please apply no later than 4th October.