Permobil founder Dr. Per Uddén believed that helping people achieve the greatest level of independence is a basic human right and, for over 50 years, Permobil has held fast to that belief. Permobil is a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology, passionate about better understanding our users’ needs and improving their quality of life through state-of-the-art healthcare solutions.
We are now recruiting a Shipping Clerk
- Responsible for coordinating, maintaining, and controlling all functions relevant to shipping and receiving
- Under general supervision, coordinates a variety of shipping and receiving tasks
- Compares identifying information on incoming or outgoing shipments with purchase orders, invoices, or other documents
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container wrap; packs items to ensure safe delivery
- Operates powered industrial truck equipment in order to move materials
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months or more of Shipping and/or Receiving experience
- Knowledge of common Warehouse procedures
- Forklift and/or pallet jack experience, a plus
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials. supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to read, sort, check. count, and verify numbers
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects up to 50 pounds using proper safety methods
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Ability to receive, stock. and/or deliver goods
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds throughout the day
- Indoor frequently.
- Outdoor rarely.
- Loud noise occasionally.
- Cool temperatures frequently.
- Exhaust fumes occasionally.
- Lifting and carrying 40 - 60 pounds.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Climbing ladders.
- Handling and assembling small parts.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Permobil. Additionally, this job description does not constitute an employment contract and Permobil may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Permobil is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, veteran or military status, or other protected status.