Embedded Software Engineer
Product Development – Sweden - Timrå
Permobil is a globally leading provider of power wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs and seating and positioning solutions, with a strong dedication to improve the quality of life for its users. The company’s strong portfolio of brands, competitive product offering, innovation capabilities and leading market positions provide a strong base to capture additional growth, both in existing and new markets. Our products are available today in 70 countries across four continents. Our turnover is close to 4 billion SEK, and we have approximately 1600 employees. Since 2013, Permobil is a part of Investor AB.
Due to new and exciting projects we are expanding our embedded software team. We are recruiting a curious and driven developer that wants to be part of our competent team and shape the next generation of smart electric wheelchairs.
You will play an important role in the development of the next generation of electronics for our electronic wheelchairs.
You will create reliable systems that comply with the regulatory standards for our medical devices.
You will work with different operating systems and multi-processor solutions.
You will work in Agile project development teams, from the beginning to the end of the software development life-cycle.
• You have at least a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
• You have several years of experience in embedded programming for real-time systems, and development in C and C++
• You have good knowledge in embedded Linux and more high level languages such as C#
• You have good knowledge in hardware design in order to understand, design, implement and discuss embedded software solutions with our hardware development team
• You have a strong hands-on approach, combined with good communication, analytical thinking, strategic and problem-solving skills
• You have sufficient knowledge in English.
For further information on the position, please contact Per Larsson, Manager Electronics and Alternative Drives, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 72 547 94 95 .
For information on the recruitment process contact Anna-Karin Ehn, HR Business Partner; email@example.com, phone: +46 70 327 18 38 .
For contact with union representatives, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The location for this position is Timrå, Sweden.
Please submit your application in our recruitment system, no later than April 25th.
Please respect that we do not wish recruitment assistance or advertising, we decline calls from recruitment and advertising providers.