Since being founded in Timrå, Sweden, by M.D. Per Uddén in 1967, Permobil has become the leader in the advanced rehabilitation technology industry. Today, Permobil is a SEK 4 billion company with presence in 70 countries and with 1 600 employees. Owned by Investor AB through Patricia Industries, Permobil is one of their core investments. The company has grown consistently each year over the last 20 years, and more than doubled in revenue since the acquisition by Investor in 2013. Permobil has completed several acquisitions, both to expand the product offering, e.g. move into active manual wheelchairs as well as seating and positioning products, and to strengthen distribution channels and sales capabilities. Permobil is determined to continue this growth path with the ambition to double the revenues again in 3-5 years through business development as well as additional acquisitions, all to further support people with disabilities in getting a better quality of life.
Permobil has a strong customer-centric culture. The founder Per Uddén stated already from the outset:
"Every person has the right to have his or her disability compensated as far as possible by aids with the same technical standard as those we all use in our everyday lives."
At Permobil, Corporate Development constitutes a critical function. As a rapidly growing company there is an extensive and growing need to align the global organization around our strategy and identify and execute on opportunities to develop our business beyond its current scope. This team is at the core of this, working with senior executives to develop their business plans and priorities, as well as working with the organization and external parties in executing projects to grow the company and improve its productivity. The nature of the work requires daily interactions with the whole organization, from local sales teams to the CEO.
Permobil is now strengthening the team with a Corporate Development Manager. We are looking for candidates who will fit right into our existing strong team with the ambition and skill set to grow into larger roles within the company.
- Leads, or take part in, strategic transformation projects across the company, both commercial and operational projects. Examples are:
- Sales channel strategy development
- Development of new business models, e.g. related to digital solutions and aftermarket
- Product management and product portfolio optimization
- Analysis and evaluation of new product and market segments
- Leads, or supports, integrations of acquired companies
- Enhances the analytical skills within the company, e.g. conducts business cases and drives towards fact-based decisions
- Supports the annual strategic and business planning process, and works with senior managers to develop plans and set priorities
- Assists with preparations of top-class Board material
As a Corporate Development Manager you have a successful track record as a project manager. We expect you to have a university degree in business, finance and/or engineering with excellent grades, and 5-10 years of experience from relevant roles, e.g. management consulting, corporate development, product management or commercial excellence.
You have international experience and you are fluent in English. Experience from the healthcare or life science industry is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative and high energy
- Thrives when taking on new and challenging tasks
- A team player
- Down-to-earth with ability to live by the fundamentals of the company culture and its mission
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent with a well-developed ability to make decisions
- Strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- High integrity and personal maturity
- International outlook and curiosity
- Aspiration towards leadership
The position is based in Kista, Sweden and will require frequent international travelling. An ambition to relocate abroad for a period is viewed as positive.
For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Isabella Edström, HR Business Partner, +46 (0)70-360 19 20.
For contact with union representatives, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply for this position no later than Wednesday May 8, at career.permobil.com
Please respect that we do not wish recruitment assistance or advertising, we decline calls from recruitment and advertising providers.