Corporate Development – Sweden - Kista
Since being founded in Timrå, Sweden, by M.D. Per Uddén in 1967, Permobil has become the leader in the advanced rehabilitation technology industry. Today, Permobil is a SEK 4 billion company with presence in 70 countries and with 1 600 employees. Owned by Investor AB through Patricia Industries, Permobil is one of their core investments. The company has grown consistently each year over the last 20 years, and more than doubled in revenue since the acquisition by Investor in 2013. Permobil has completed several acquisitions, both to expand the product offering, e.g. move into active manual wheelchairs as well as seating and positioning products, and to strengthen distribution channels and sales capabilities. Permobil is determined to continue this growth path with the ambition to double the revenues again in 3-5 years through business development as well as additional acquisitions, all to further support people with disabilities in getting a better quality of life.
Permobil has a strong customer-centric culture. The founder Per Uddén stated already from the outset:
"Every person has the right to have his or her disability compensated as far as possible by aids with the same technical standard as those we all use in our everyday lives."
At Permobil, Corporate Development constitutes a critical function. As a rapidly growing company there is an extensive and growing need to align the global organization around our strategy and identify and execute on opportunities to develop our business beyond its current scope. The Corporate Development team is at the core of this, working with senior executives to develop their business plans and priorities, as well as working with the organization and external parties in executing projects to grow the company and improve its productivity.
As part of its scope of responsibilities, the Corporate Development team is responsible for Permobil’s M&A activities, from deal sourcing to execution and integration. Permobil has completed 12 acquisitions over the last 5 years, adding new products and expanding our global reach.
Permobil is now strengthening the team with an Analyst whose main focus will be on M&A. We are looking for candidates who will fit right into our existing strong team with the ambition and skill set to grow into larger roles within the company.
The position is based in Kista, Sweden.
Target identification and pipeline review
- Work with all business areas and business regions to identify M&A opportunities
- Determination of target attractiveness, strategic fit, financial attractiveness
- Thematic projects (geographically, product or value chain position)
- Participation in Due Diligence
- Responsibility for financial modelling (incl. P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Analysis)
- Preparation of investment case presentations
Developing and maintaining system for capturing and reporting on quantitative and qualitative information on market size, growth and dynamics as well as competitor strategies, activities and performance
What we look for
- Creative and high energy
- Thrives when taking on new and challenging tasks
- A team player
- Down-to-earth with ability to live by the fundamentals of the company culture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- High integrity and personal maturity
- International outlook and curiosity
- Strong analytical capabilities with an understanding of valuation and business strategy
- Good knowledge of corporate finance, financial analysis and the M&A transaction processes
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
Educational and professional background
- University degree in business, finance and/or engineering with excellent grades
- Professional with 2-3 years of experience from relevant roles, e.g. corporate finance, accounting, management consulting or similar
- Fluent in English. International experience is a plus
For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Isabella Edström, HR Business Partner, +46 (0)70-360 19 20.
For contact with union representatives, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply for this position no later than Wednesday May 8, at career.permobil.com
Please respect that we do not wish recruitment assistance or advertising, we decline calls from recruitment and advertising providers.