Sourcing is responsible for delivering value over spend by optimizing in which the way Permobil engages with its external suppliers, simplifying processes, managing the Permobil exposure to commercial risks and developing successful relationships.
As Sourcing Business Partner in Group Sourcing you will take business ownership and integrate with one of our three business units in Permobil group. You will be responsible for defining the commercial strategy and ensure execution of initiatives to drive cost reduction and transform value from the supplier markets into business results.
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the business unit strategies and requirements and how sourcing opportunities can optimize the level of value that can be added to the business
- Providing senior stakeholders in the business unit with intelligent management information – including spend analysis and supply market knowledge enabling informed decisions with regards to external supply requirements
- Act as the point of contact for decision and influence in the business unit for the category management strategies and project sourcing execution
- Supporting the Sourcing department’s objectives to deliver financial savings and value proportions
- Working closely with category managers and project sourcing manager´s to ensure business unit input to Sourcing Plans
- Undertaking regional/local sourcing projects and tasks in conjunction with category managers
- Managing local supplier market
- Understanding the supplier market in Americas and developing local supplier relationships, feeding into category strategies
- Identify the need for local contract coverage to the category managers and championing the local implementation of American supplier contracts
- Working closely with supply chain management team to ensure alignment in global production footprint across the regions
- Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
- Maximizing business effectiveness - provides the best value by sharing knowledge and resources across Permobil, looks for value for our users, sets strategic plans and manages them effectively, considers the business implications of decisions, avoids waste and challenges use of resources and processes.
- Managing performance - sets challenging team and individual objectives and trusts people to get on with them, shares clear expectations about required performance levels, rewards success and addresses performance issues quickly and fairly, treats team members and colleagues with honesty, respect and compassion.
- Using external thinking - builds bridges with useful organisations and innovative thinkers, keeps up to date with developments in the supplier markets, responds to the demands and opportunities of our commercial environment.
- Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
- Analytical Thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Is able to understand commercial imperatives and trading relationships.
- Communication – actively listens and adapts communication style to the audience being addressed
- Managing relationships - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people understanding their needs and goals. Shows sensitivity and tact. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Flexibility - is open to change and adapts and works effectively in a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue.
- Collaborating across boundaries - challenges systems, processes and people that block collaboration, connects people, ideas, processes and issues, sets an example by sharing knowledge ideas and skills across the organisation, builds helpful, productive relationships across the organisation. Leading creativity - fosters imagination, creativity and experimentation, takes and promotes considered risks, celebrates creative successes and learns from failure, shows openness to alternative ways of doing things.