Here at Permobil, our purpose is to make the lives of people living with disabilities easier and more enriching. Our dedicated teams work tirelessly to make this happen, no matter if they are designing a new wheelchair, testing seating cushions, or analyzing user-generated data.
We are committed to push the boundaries of design and technology in pursuit of innovations that help improve the quality of life for our users. As a member of Permobil, you make this happen. Your role is important in changing somebody’s life for the better, every day.
All around the world, our solutions are known as being best-in-class. The best built, the best designed and the best for empowering people living with disabilities. Our products and services are available today in 70 countries on four continents, with a network of 1600 employees.
As our business grows in the digital space with connected medical devices, we are now looking for a Data Scientist in our Research & Innovation team.
YOUR ROLE – DUTIES
As Data Scientist you will apply your expertise in data science to analyze production, medical device usage, and health data with the end goal of improving the quality of our products and services.
As Data Scientist in our team, you will:
- With passion interpret and turn bytes of data into insights and solve business problems on digital health solutions
- Communicate data-driven outcomes to both internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team-player who takes ownership and work closely with people in specialist and generalist roles within the company
- Be involved in developing new machine learning applications in advanced rehabilitation care
- Keep up-to-date with digital opportunities, solutions, vendors, and trends in our industry
You should have:
- A PhD or MSc degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, statistics, or health informatics.
- Fluency in statistical programming environments such as R or Python
- Experience with database systems such as mongoDB
- Ability to interpret and present findings using data visualization techniques
- A curiosity of the unknown to come and appreciate continuous learning
- Comfort with performing analysis with large datasets
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
The position can be located in either Kista or Sundsvall.
For information about the position please contact VP Research & Innovation Karin Leire, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 70 3836763.
For information about the recruitment process please contact HR Business Partner, Anna-Karin Ehn, email@example.com, +46 70 3271838.
Please apply at careers.permobil.com, we need your application no later than October 1.
Please respect that we do not wish recruitment assistance or advertising, we decline calls from recruitment and advertising providers.