Permobil founder Dr. Per Uddén believed that helping people achieve the greatest level of independence is a basic human right and, for over 50 years, Permobil has held fast to that belief. Permobil is a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology, passionate about better understanding our users’ needs and improving their quality of life. Today, those solutions include power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, power assist, and manual wheelchairs.
Are you looking for an international position with the possibility to make a difference to support peoples independence?
Would you like to lead the journey of building a Supplier Quality Management organization across Permobil?
Group Sourcing in Permobil is responsible to ensure supplier quality and compliance, commercial value transformation and sustainable supply chains for Permobil globally.
The sourcing promise is to become a business differentiator and competitive advantage supporting the Permobil strategy towards true global leadership. One of our strategic investments going forward is to build global capabilities in Supplier Quality Management.
Therefore, we are looking for an experienced and passionate leader that would embrace the opportunity to lead the establishment of a group wide Supplier Quality Management organization.
Your role and duties
As Director Supplier Quality Management you will be part of business function Supply Chain reporting to Vice President Group Sourcing and part of Group Sourcing leadership team.
You will be responsible for defining and articulating the Supplier Quality Management strategy across the Permobil group and ensure efficient implementation of standardized processes and methods.
The position involves structured and methodical approach, with responsibility for setting requirements for supplier quality procedures and secure compliances through assessments and audits. You will develop relationships with new and existing suppliers as well as being responsible for product and process quality from the supplier base. Following-up and monitoring of key quality and compliance measures is part of the responsibility.
You and your team will also be a critical part and valuable contributor of evaluating and selecting suppliers and partners. The Supplier Quality Management function will be engaging with our suppliers to understand and drive risk mitigating initiatives and compliance control as part of our supplier evaluation process. The team will ensure right product quality from the start by early involvement in product development projects to enable value transformation in new product introductions.
The role as Director Supplier Quality Management is a true global role with extensive travels across Europe, Asia and the US.
Your profile and qualifications
- A minimum requirement is Bachelor´s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
- 10+ years experience in quality leadership positions including supplier quality, supplier management, manufacturing engineering and product development
- experience from building and leading high performing teams engaging in cross functional collaborations and matrix organizations
- the ability to define standardized frameworks, processes and tools to ensure efficiency and agility throughout a global organization
- deep knowledge in supplier quality management practices such as supplier qualifications, audits and assessments, production process verification and pars approval process
- relevant understanding in QMS, standards, responsible sourcing, risk assessments and supply chain compliance requirements
- demonstrated success in product development and industrialization of new products
- proven record of developing supplier relations and lead performance improvements
- strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills
- experience from medical device industry is an advantage
For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Business Partner, Susanne Norvell, +46 73 075 97 90, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding the position please contact Vice President Group Sourcing Oscar Hertzman, +46 70 684 98 86, email@example.com
For contact with union representatives, please email:
We are eager to see your application and do need it no later than February 23.