Permobil founder Dr. Per Uddén believed that helping people achieve the greatest level of independence is a basic human right and, for over 50 years, Permobil has held fast to that belief. Permobil is a global leader in advanced rehabilitation technology, passionate about better understanding our users’ needs and improving their quality of life through state-of-the-art healthcare solutions. Today, those solutions include power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, power assist, and manual wheelchairs.
Permobil is part of Patricia Industries, a subsidiary of Investor AB and is headquartered in Sweden. Permobil has 1600 team members in more than 15 countries around the world. For more information regarding the company’s storied history and complete product line visit permobil.com
The Global R&D function is now seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to join the Power Wheelchair Development team based in Timrå.
YOUR ROLE - Key responsibilities
As a Mechanical Engineering Manager you will be the leader and owner of product development for power wheelchair seat components and systems from a technical and engineering perspective. You will drive the development of innovative and effective solutions within this product area. You will also assure delivery in aspects of functionality, quality, cost, and innovation, while continuously improving the development processes and building the team’s capabilities.
- Plan, execute, and follow-up product development projects to deliver on the Product Roadmap.
- Maintain product data quality and design control records pursuant to ISO 13485 and FDA QSR.
- Continuously incorporate innovative and cost-effective component technology and manufacturing processes into development projects.
- Manage the team of designers and engineers that delivers seat development projects. Right-size workload to departmental capacity. Set targets for departmental capabilities and drive towards them. Build and support your team’s individual development plans.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering managers and with cross-functional teams in product management, project management, production, and sourcing.
YOUR PROFILE – Qualifications
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years work experience as a design & development engineer. Experience with CAD, PDM, and PLM systems required. Experience with product development processes in a regulated industry required. Experience with medical device development preferred.
- 3+ experience managing and leading engineering teams. Experience leading cross-functional project teams preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English.
- Leadership skills and demonstrated experience developing individuals.
For more information regarding the position please contact VP Power Wheelchair Development Christine Currie, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Business Partner, Anna-Karin Ehn, +46 70 327 18 38, email@example.com
For contact with union representatives, please email: unionen(at)permobil.com.
Please submit your application via our career page, no later than August 31.
Please respect that we do not wish recruitment assistance or advertising, we decline calls from recruitment and advertising providers.